Thursday 27 March 2014

The King of Procrastination goes to Milan

So I started writing a World Cup related blog post a few weeks ago and then just stopped. Now when I say started I mean, I wrote the bulk of. Could I get round to finishing it? No! On top of this last week I went with a good friend, and long-time supporter of AC Milan, to Italy watch Milan play Parma. Great idea for a blog post I thought, and it is, but did I write anything...? No! Well here's a week late (and brief) post about my trip to Milan. The World Cup one will follow at some point in the not too distant future, I hope.

Milan, Northern Italy. A city famous for its fashion and its two hugely successful football teams. I say successful but if you looked at the Serie A table this year you'd probably wonder what the fuss was about. Over the years though 10 European Cups (I'm thinking Milan have 7 or is it 6) and 34 (once again I'm taking a stab from memory and saying 18 each) league titles kinda defines both teams. As does their ground the San Siro (or Giuseppe Meazza to Inter fans). The San Siro is absolutely huge! I've been to some big grounds in my time and I have a theory regarding how big a stadium feels in relation to where you sit in in, regardless of where you sit, the San Siro is massive. I mean it's the 2nd biggest club stadium in Europe!

Anyway my summary of the whole day is, The San Siro is huge, the Curva Sud is awesome, Milan are rubbish, Mexes is a headless chicken, Balotelli couldn't give a toss, there's a huge difference between what the Ultras think of him and the rest of the ground, and the game was one of the most entertaining I've seen in a while (saying that I was at West Ham v Hull last night, that was the opposite of Milan v Parma).

Here's some pics...

Bit of culture (along with some Romany looking fellas trying to catch pigeons to impress tourists)

Amazing mural on the way to the ground


The San Siro from a distance

HUGE!!

The officials and Abbiati warming up

The Curva Sud (AMAZING)

Poli in the back of the net with the ball while Parma celebrate their 4th goal

And here's a video of Cassano scoring (with some Japanese fella getting in the way), please don't sue me Serie A or TIM or anyone else...


No comments:

Post a Comment